Southern Sectional Title Management offers a comprehensive commercial property budgetary and administrative solution to property portfolios with the aim of increasing the operational efficiency and return on investment.
We provide the following core services:
- Timeous lease renegotiation
- Ensure correct signing of property leases; capture to management system; file appropriately
- Continual lease audits to ensure all leases are current, renegotiations are done in time and increases are effected on the prescribed dates
- Ensure all turnover rentals are recovered annually where applicable and monitored during the year
- Collect rent monthly via debit order
- Send out monthly invoices
- Collect utility charges where applicable in terms of the lease agreements
- Hand over tenants to attorneys for non-payment of rental and utilities
- Pay net rental (less management fee and other disbursements) to landlord at the end of each month.
- Collect tenant deposits and keep in separate accounts on behalf of landlord
- Pay municipal accounts, suppliers and creditors as approved by landlord
- Prepare annual budget of income and expenditure
- Prepare financial reports including rent roll, cash flow statement, list of arrears
- Timeous lease renegotiation
- Prepare and distribute notices and circulars
- Maintain statutory and permanent records
- Preparation of weekly and monthly wages and salaries and the payment thereof to employees
- Attend to all maintenance issues and submit quotes to landlord for approval.
- Negotiate and appoint approved contractors to perform services as required
- Regular follow up meetings with appointed contractors to ensure a safe and quality service
- Select reliable, skilled contractors for all required functions and negotiate rates for future maintenance work
- Schedule regular maintenance of equipment such as air conditioning units, fire extinguishers, etc, with approved contractors
- Project manage tenant installations when required
- Advertise vacant space and future vacant space proactively
- Utilise specialised, local broker firms in the respective areas: send them monthly vacancy schedules and coordinated meetings to promote vacant space
- Keep vacant space clean and tidy for prospective tenants to view
- Negotiating of installation allowances with prospective tenants within an approved budget.
- Process monthly administration reports on all buildings under our management
- Regular meetings with owners to discuss the reports and other matters
- Coordinate annual audit for legal entity with appointed auditing firm.
- Comprehensive application process for potential tenants.
- Interviewing, obtaining, and checking of background and landlord references.
- Inspection of bank statements and payment profile.
- Credit search and ITC/Experian enquiries on potential tenants.
- Determination of affordability on gross income, net income, and net surplus to assess suitability of potential tenant.
- Approval is given by landlord of potential tenant.
- Collection of first month’s rent and deposit before placement.
- Preparation of lease agreement and all other documentation in accordance with relevant legislation.